Chocolate & Macadamia Brownies
Rich and decadent, these brownies with macadamia nuts are a real treat!
150g unsalted butter
1¼ cups (250g) caster superfine sugar
¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons (approx 65g) unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs, cold
½ cup (65g) all-purpose flour
²/³ cup (75g) unsalted macadamias, lightly roasted, chopped coarsely
2 teaspoons icing sugar
1. Close the hood and preheat the barbeque with the burners set to HIGH and the hood down until the hood thermometer reads around 200°C/400°F. Set up your barbeque for indirect cooking.
2. Line the bottom and sides of 8×8-inch square baking pan with baking paper.
3. Combine the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in medium heatproof bowl and microwave until butter is melted. Stir until combined.
4. Stir in the vanilla extract. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one. When the batter looks thick, shiny, and well blended, add the flour and stir until you cannot see it any longer, then beat vigorously for 40 strokes with the wooden spoon or a rubber spatula. Stir in the nuts. Spread evenly in the lined pan.
5. Using an elevated rack so the bootom of the pan isn't directly on the grill, bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a skewer plunged into the centre emerges with moist crumbs. Cool in pan.
6. Dust with sifted icing sugar and cut into small pieces to serve.