The humble steak sanga gets a makeover with the addition of capsicum and ricotta
2 medium red capsicums (bell peppers) (400g)
¾ cup (180g) ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh chervil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
4 x 125g beef minute steaks
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
4 slices rye sourdough bread (180g)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
40g baby rocket leaves
1. Close the hood and preheat the barbeque with the burners set to HIGH and the hood down until the hood thermometer reads around 200°C/400°F.
2. Quarter capsicums; discard seeds and membranes. Cook capsicum on heated oiled grill skin-side down, until skin blisters and blackens. Cover capsicum pieces in plastic or paper 5 minutes then peel away skin.
3. Meanwhile, combine cheese, chervil and juice in small bowl; season.
4. Sprinkle beef, both sides, with pepper; cook on oiled grills until cooked as desired (for rare steaks cook 1-2 minutes per side). Remove from grill.
5. Brush one side of each bread slice with combined oil and garlic; toast bread on heated oiled grill. Spread toast slices with cheese mixture; top with capsicum, beef, then rocket.